For a while now those who already upgraded their Tecno Canon C8 to the latest OS running Android 6.0 are unable to root it due to incompatibility issue.
But today I have good news for you and I’m going to provide you simple guide on how to root your Tecno Camon C8 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- VComm Drivers… (download it Here)
- Super SU
- CWM for Tecno Camon C8 Marshmallow ported by Team Hovatek…
INSTALLING VCOM DRIVER
1. Extract the downloaded vcom driver.
2. Go to device manager>click action>click add legacy hardware
3. Under welcome to add new hardware click next
4. Select advanced option and click next
5. Select ‘show all devices’ and click next.
6. Click have disk
7. Browse to your vcom extracted folder and select the driver setup up file and click
open, then ok.
8. Select Mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
How Can I Root Tecno Camon C8 Running on Android 6.0?
- Download SuperSU.zip and save it to your phone SD card (download it here)
- Download the ported CWM for Tecno C8 Android 6.0 by Team hovatek here
- Unzip the CWM zip file and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP flash tool ( You can download SP Flash tool here)
How Can I Flash it Using SP Flash Tool?
Boot the phone into recovery mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button for 5 seconds)
In cwm recovery, Choose install zip from sdcard- to Choose zip from sdcard use vol up and down scroll up and down then choose the SuperSU.zip file from the root of your sdcard.
Scroll to yes and install, after a successful flashing go back and reboot.
==>If CWM offers to help fix a missing Root, select No
With the above method/steps, You have successfully rooted your phone! To be fully sure your Tecno C8 is rooted, go straight to Google Playstore and download root checker to verify your root status. Here