What is Do not Disturb Service?
The Do-Not-Disturb service allows MTN customers to opt out of receiving promotional messages for 3rd Party services (Bulk SMS, VAS promos, etc)
What are the main features of DND?
The service will feature the following:
Fully Blocked mode allowing customers to Opt Out totally from receiving promotional messages via SMS and IVR.
Partially Blocked mode allowing customers to filter service categories for promotional messages they wish to receive. Any category not selected is blocked.
How much does DND cost?
The service is free to customers.
How to activate DND
Customers can opt into the service by sending an SMS Keyword to the DND short code 2442.
· To opt in for full blocking mode via SMS, the customer will send the keyword “STOP” to the short code 2442.
· As soon as the customer sends the keyword to 2442, the system will insert the customer’s number in the DND database, and apply the full blocking option to the customer’s profile.
· Upon completion of the DND opt-in process, the customer will receive an SMS notification, containing the DND web portal link and other SMS options e.g.
“You have successfully activated the Do-Not-Disturb service on your line. Please visit https://mtnonline.com/donotdisturb or SMS HELP to 2442 to see more filtering options. You can also opt out at any time by sending ALL SMS to 2442”
DO NOT DISTURB SERVICE
What categories are available in partial blocking mode?
If the customer sends HELP to 2442, s/he will receive a notification showing the available categories:
STOP: To stop all SMS
ALLOW: To receive all SMS
SMS 1: To receive Banking / Insurance/ Financial Products SMS
SMS 2: To receive Real Estate SMS
SMS 3: To receive Education SMS
SMS 4: Health SMS
SMS 5: To receive Consumer goods & Automobiles SMS, SMS6:
SMS 7: To receive Tourism & Leisure SMS
SMS 8: To receive Sport SMS
SMS 9: To receive Religion SMS
STATUS: To check your DND status
A customer will be able to perform the following
DND activities via SMS
View Status – By texting STATUS to 2442
Activate full blocking – By texting STOP to 2442
Activate partial blocking – By texting SMS x to 2442.
Where x is the service category to be allowed/ whitelisted, as listed above.
Opt out of DND – By texting ALLOW to 2442
Can Customers also request for the service via the web?
Customers can register for the service via the web, by visiting the DND web portal;
Customers will be able to carry out the following over the web portal
· View Status
· Activate full blocking
· Activate partial blocking
· Modify partial blocking
· Opt out of DND
· Customers will be able to whitelist or blacklist words or phone numbers via the portal.
· Customers will still be able to receive promotional messages from any category(s) s/he whitelists.
How to Deactivate DND
To opt out of the service, the customer will send the word “ALLOW” in an SMS to the short code 2442.
To opt-out is free.
How to check status
To check status, a customer will need to text the key word STATUS to 2442
Are promotional messages for MTN services to be included in DND?
NO. DND service will only be introduced for 3rd party services e.g. VAS, Bulk SMS etc.