Tecno Y6 users that want an upgrade to Android 6.0 can do that by installing a new custom ROM called Mystic OS V7 made by Raj Shekhar.
Normally, Tecno do not push updates to Tecno Y6. It is almost like it is forgotten.
So with the Mystic custom ROM, you will have your Tecno Y6 upgraded from 4.4.2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, improved speed and performances, more bug fixed and many others. Follow the tutorial strictly.
After a successful installation of the custom ROM, you get a
- New boot style of 6.0 Marshmallow
- More clean graphics
- Battery conservation
- New UI animations
- Progress bar now custom
- Scrolling animation
- 3 network traffics
- Clock and date options
- Dynamic system bars
- Heads up notifications
- Low battery warning options
- Carrier label on statusbar
- Navigation bar options
- Keyboard animations
- Weather settings
- Double tap statusbar to sleep
- Cyanogenmod Lock – CM12.1 app icons
- Nova launcher prime default launcher
- Android M sounds
- Marshmallow platlogo and game
- CM12.1 music player
- Material themed dialer, contacts, mms , & all other system apps
- Keyboard animation
- Floating action buttons in messaging & calender
- Card stack recent panel
- Stock gallery & camera
- Based on wiko rainbow stock rom, so there are very less chances of bugs
- Lollipop lockscreen
- Pre -rooted with super user
- Busybox installed
- ABS Tweak inbuilt
- Better ram management
- Better battery backup
- ROM’s size is 260 MB
- Lollipop inspired volume panel
- Screen record in power menu
- 4 ways reboot options in power menu
- Material themed Settings
- Search button in settings’ action bar
- Lollipop status bar icons
- Lollipop notification panel with awesome animation
- Flashlight toggle in panel
- Delete button after taking ss
- Themed framework like lollipop
- Battery styles with battery bar option
- Mystic Fibres in settings
- Support developer tab in settings
- Changelogs, rom logo, release date, etc in About Dark Mystic
- Smart gestures & Gesture anywhere options
- Font chooser
- Performance control and time in state in Mystic Fibres
- Engineer mod & scheduled power on off
- App ops, autostarts & phone settings
- Option to change lcd density
- Media scanner on boot
- Multi user options
- Build prop modder
Before you proceed, ensure you have your phone must be rooted and a battery life of up to 50% above.
Then download the Mystic OS V7 custom ROM Download and save it in the root of your SD card. You will be needing a custom ROM so go ahead to download custom recovery Download.
Power off your phone and hold Power + Volume up button to boot into recovery mode.
Locate the downloaded Mystic OS V7 and swipe right to install.
After installation, go to the recovery mode menu.
Tap on Wipe data/reset then mark System, Data, Dalvik and swipe to wipe cache.
Tadaa!!!!!! Your Tecno Y6 will now be running on 6.0 Marshmallow.
How To Fix The Playstore Bugs and Keyboard Bug Attached To The Mystic OS V7 Custom ROM
You will be needing some files for that, so just download and flash
Playstore Bug and Keyboard Bug fix – You can download the file for the playstore bug fix by clicking here Download and file for the Keyboard bug fix here Download.
Drop comments on nay arising issue.
Disclaimer” i take no responsibility of any damage on your device. do at your own risk’