Hello buddy, here is another amazing tutorial you will love on How to root Xioami Redmi Y1 without PC. So you should bear in mind that rooting your phone makes it prone to brick and rooting spoils your warranty. Moving ahead to main thing you have to meet some requirements before you do this, at your own risk.
- A good battery percentage
- Perfect TWRP for your phone. – Download here
- Good USB cable
- Xiaomi drivers
- Download Xiaomi Y1 root Zip
Enable USB debugging. Go to Setting -> About Phone -> Tap on build number till you see a message on screen like ‘You Are Now A Developer’
Go to Settings-> Developer Options -> Enable USB debugging and also enable OEM unlock.
Connect your Xiaomi Redmi Y1 to PC using the USB cable. – Download Redmi Xiaomi Drivers
Create a folder named as Fastboot, And paste the pre-downloaded TWRP Recovery img in the Fastboot folder.
Open the command prompt window in the Fastboot folder – (Press Left Shift + Right Click and Select Open Command Window Here)
Boot Xiaomi Redmi Y1 into Fastboot Mode Using this command.
Fastboot reboot bootloader.
Confirm the connected Device by using the following command.
Flash TWRP using the command
Fastboot Flash TWRP recovery.img.
To reboot your phone type
- Place the downloaded root zip in the root of SD card.
- Power on your Xiaomi Y1 booting it into TWRP recovery mode. (boot in custom recovery mode by holding volume down + power key together.)
- Normally you are advised to backup your files before you do this . So to backup your files, tap on Backup,
- Tap on the install option. Locate the downloaded zip file and install it on your smartphone.
- Swipe confirm the installation process.